We believe that it is not only our duty but also your right, to be offered the best available care and service, not just the cheapest.
All those entitled to an NHS sight test, will be upgraded free of charge to our Standard Eye Health Examination, as we feel this is the minimum standard of clinical care that should be offered.
We would strongly encourage those patients aged over 40 with a family history of eye disease and all those aged over 60 to book an Advanced Eye Health Examination.
You may qualify for an NHS sight test if:
- You are aged under 16.
- You are aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full time education.
- You are aged over 60.
- You are registered sight impaired / severely sight impaired.
- You have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma.
- You are aged 40 or over and are the parent/sibling/child of a person with glaucoma.
- You have been advised by an Ophthalmologist that you are at risk of glaucoma.
- You have been prescribed complex lenses under the NHS optical voucher scheme.
- You receive Income Support, Income Based Jobseekers Allowance, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
- You receive tax credit and are named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate.
- You are named on a valid HC2W certificate.
For more information on NHS sight test entitlement click here
To return to examination options click here